1. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 189 countries.
2. Headquarters OF IMF is in Washington, D.C.
3. The largest borrowers : Argentina, Ukraine, Greece, Egypt.
4. The largest precautionary loans : Mexico, Colombia, Morocco.
5. IMF expects India’s growth rate to shoot up from 4.8% to 5.8% in 2020-21.
6. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations, or ASEAN, was established on 8 August 1967 in Bangkok, Thailand.
7. Founding countries of ASEAN , namely Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and
8. Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India expressed his commitment to further
strengthen the partnership through stronger surface, maritime and air-connectivity and digital link.
9. BRICS is an informal group of states comprising the Federative Republic of Brazil, the Russian
Federation , the Republic of India, the People’s Republic of China and the Republic of South Africa.
10. Intra-BRICS trade accounts for just 15% of world trade, it needs to be increased. India invited business leaders of the member nations for investment, particularly in infrastructure development.
11. India proposed to hold the first meeting of BRICS Water Ministers in India.
12. India highlighted the menace of terrorism which has resulted in the loss of $1 trillion to the world economy.
13. India has signed a deal worthRs.1500 crore to buy R-27air-to-air missiles from Russia.
14. The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) was established with the signing of the SAARC Charter in Dhaka on 8 December 1985.
15. SAARC comprises of eight Member States : Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
16. The objectives of the Association a s outlined in the SAARC Charter are : To promote the
Welfare of the peoples of South Asia and to improve their quality of life.
17. The Group of Twenty (G20) is the premier international forum for global economic cooperation.
18. The members of the G20 are : Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, and the European Union.
19. G20 members account for 85 per cent of the world economy
20. G20 members account for 75 per cent of global trade.
21. G20 members account for two – thirds of the world's population
22. G20 leaders meet annually at the G20 Summit.
23. Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meet regularly.
24. The G20(Group of20) Summit 2019 was held at the International Exhibition Centre, Osaka, Japan.
25. It was the 14th meeting of the G20.
26. The 17th G20 Summit will be held in India in 2022.
27. BIMSTEC is a regional organization comprising seven Member States lying in the littoral and adjacent areas of the Bay of Bengal constituting a contiguous regional unity.
28. It constitutes seven Member States : Five deriving from South Asia, including Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and two from Southeast Asia, including Myanmar and Thailand.
29. Leaders from Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) countries and foreign envoys were invited or the prime minister's swearing-in ceremony held on May30,2019 .
30. The NITI Aayog’s precursor, the Planning Commission was established inMarch1950 by a Government of India resolution with Prime Minister as Chairperson.
31. The Planning Commission from1950 to 2014 formulated twelve five year plans.
32. The Prime Minister announced the closure of the Planning Commission from the ramparts of Red Fort on August 15,2014.
33. The Government of India , in keeping with its reform agenda ,constituted the NITI Aayog to replace the Planning Commission.
34. The NITI Aayog, established in 2015, is one of Indian democracy’s youngest institutions.
35. NITI Aayog is the premier policy ‘Think Tank’ of the Government of India, providing both directional and policy inputs.
Chairperson - Shri Narendra Modi ,Hon'ble Prime Minister
Vice Chairperson -Dr.Rajiv Kumar
36. State governments will now have to accelerate their move on ease of doing business to remove bottle necks for investors and the taxpayer charter will help instil confidence and end harassment.
37. “Most follow-up now has to be done at the level of the states. The Economic Survey gives the example of, if you want to run a restaurant, you need43 clearances.
38. In those 43 clearances, I doubt if more than one or two would be at the central government level, the rest would be municipal , state , that is where the rubber meets the road.
39. Investment climate will be improved now by reforms of state governance and ease of doing business,” As per NITI Aayog .
40. The Securities and Exchange Board of India was established on April 12,1992 .
41. Shri Ajay Tyagi is the present Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India.
42. The Preamble of the Securities and Exchange Board of India describes the basic functions of the Securities and Exchange Board of India as"...to protect the interests of investors insecurities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market and for matters connected there with or incidental there to"
43. The Competition Act, 2002, as amended by the Competition (Amendment)Act,2007,follows the philosophy of modern competition laws.
44. The Act prohibits anti-competitive agreements, abuse of dominant position by enterprises and regulates combinations (acquisition, acquiring of control and M&A), which causes or likely to cause an appreciable adverse effect on competition within India.
45. CCI was established by Central Government.
46. CCI consists of a Chairperson and 6 Members appointed by the Central Government.
47. Shri Ashok Kumar Gupta, a 1981 Batch IAS officer, joined the Competition Commission of India as Chairperson in November,2018.
48. The Competition Commission of India (CCI) organized the Fourth National Conference on Economics of Competition Law at the India Habitat Centre ,New Delhi on March 01,2019.
49. Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian, Chief Economic Advisor, Government of India was the Keynote Speaker at the Conference.
50. Dr. M.S. Sahoo currently serves as Chairperson of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India.
51. The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved a proposal to promulgate an Ordinance and to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code , 2016.
52. The Amendment will remove certain ambiguities in the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and ensure smooth implementation of the Code.
53. Current members are-US,UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan.
54. India has been invited to attend the G7 summit after a gap of almost10years.
55. The last time India was invited to the summit was in 2005, when the then British Prime Minister Tony Blair had invited the then Indian PM Manmohan Singh to attend the G7 summit in Gleneagles, Scotland .
56. Mukesh Ambani - Mr. Mukesh D. Ambani is the Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries Ltd.
57. AZim Premji - Azim Premji is an Indian business entrepreneur who served as chairman of Wipro Limited, guiding the company through four decades of diversification and growth to emerge as a world leader in the software industry.
58. Kumar Mangalam Birla - Mr.Kumar Mangalam Birla is the Chairman of the Aditya Birla Group.
59. Tim Cook - Tim Cook is the CEO of the most valuable company in the world , Apple.
60. Bill Gates - Gates founded Microsoft, the world’s largest PC software company, and each year, he is consistently near the top of the list of the world’s wealthiest people.
61. Elon Musk – Elon Musk was born in South Africa and is a businessman, inventor, and investor.
62. Musk is most widely known for his founding of PayPal and SpaceX and his heavy involvement in
63. Warren Buffett - Warren Buffett is one of the most successful investors in the world.
Some people have referred to him as the “Wizard of Omaha” (his birthplace is Omaha, Nebraska) and he is consistently named as one of the wealthiest people in the world.
He has also pledged to give away nearly 99% of his accumulated wealth to philanthropic causes after his death.
64. Narendra Modi - Shri Narendra Modi was sworn-in as India’s Prime Minister on 30th May 2019, Marking the start of his second term in office.
The first ever Prime Minister to be born after Independence
Chief Minister of Gujarat with his term spanning from October 2001 to May 2014.
65. Donald J. Trump - Donald J. Trump is the very definition of the American success story, setting the standards of excellence in his business endeavors, and now, for the United States of America.
India Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Trump shared the stage at the 'Howdy, Modi' event in Houston on 22nd September,2019 at NRG Stadium,Houston.
66. Rajnath Singh becomes 1st Defence Minister to fly LCA Tejas .
67. Jio Giga Fibre renamed Jio Fiber, has started its commercial services in India from September 5,2019.
68. The ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 was held in England and Wales , from 30 May to 14 July 2019.
69. Kapil Dev to be the first chancellor of Rai Sports University.
70. Today, 7,111 languages are spoken in the world and interestingly, Just 23 languages account for more than half the world’s population.
71. Government of India virtually launched world`s first yoga university “ Vivekananda Yoga
University”(VaYu) in Los Angeles .
72. Former NASA astronaut & geologist Kathryn D. Sullivan becomes 1st women to reach deepest point of ocean .
73. Ministry of information and broadcasting ministry has released the e-booklet titled `one year of Modi 2.0-towards a self-reliant India.
74. Purvanchal expressway is the longest expressway in India likely to be completed by 2021.
75. Uday kotak has been appointed as the new president of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
76. NASA has planned to set up `Artemis` the first human base camp in south pole of moon by 2024.
77. Facebook has bought 9.99% stake for Rs.43,574 crore in Reliance Jio .
78. Hydrochloroquine is the medicine which was recommended by national task force for novel coronavirus constituted by ICMR for health care workers who treats COVID-19 patients.
79. Realme company will use ISRO`s NavIC navigation technology in its upcoming smartphones for the first time in the world .