1. Which Indian Bank launched the ‘Open-for-all’ Digital ecosystem for MSMEs?
[A] State Bank of India [B] ICICI Bank [C] HDFC Bank [D] Canara Bank
Correct Answer: B [ICICI Bank]
ICICI Bank has launched ‘Open-for-all’ Digital ecosystem for MSMEs. The digital service for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) can be used by customers of other banks.
2. The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) has how many members?
[A] Four [B] Six [C] Eight [D] Ten
Correct Answer: B [Six]
The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) has six members, out of which three are external, and the other three members are RBI governor who is the Chairperson of MPC, the Deputy Governor in charge of monetary policy, and one officer of RBI nominated by the central board.
3. Which start-up recently became the 100th unicorn of India?
[A] Fractal [B] Games24x7 [C] Open [D] Livspace
Correct Answer: C [Open]
Open, a neo-banking fin-tech portal recently raised capital to push up its value over a billlion dollars and became India’s 100th unicorn.
Open, a five-year-old Bengaluru-based neo-bank, raised USD 50 mn recently.
4. Which regional rural bank bagged six national awards from PFRDA, for achievement in enrolment of Atal Pension Yojana (APY)?
[A] Kerala Gramin Bank [B] Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank [C] Tamil Nadu Gramin Bank [D] Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
Correct Answer: B [Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank]
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB), a regional rural bank sponsored by Canara Bank, has bagged six national awards for outstanding achievement in enrolment of Atal Pension Yojana (APY).
5. As per the recent UN World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) report, what is the projected GDP Growth rate of India in FY23?
[A] 8.2 % [B] 7.5 % [C] 6.9 % [D] 6. 0 %
Correct Answer: D [6. 0 %]
6. What is the maximum limit of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Insurance sector in India?
[A] 25% [B] 49% [C] 74% [D] 100%
Correct Answer: C [74%]
Ageas Insurance International has announced to buy 25 per cent of IDBI Bank in private sector life insurer Ageas Federal Life Insurance for Rs 580 crore.
7. In which month of 2022, did the GST revenues crossed the Rs 1.40 lakh crore mark for the first time since inception?
[A] February 2022 [B] March 2022 [C] April 2022 [D] May 2022
Correct Answer: B [March 2022]
GST revenue for May was recorded at nearly Rs 1.41 lakh crore, a 44 per cent increase over the same month last year, as per the Finance Ministry.
8. ‘Harbinger 2021’ is the global hackathon organised by which institution?
[A] SEBI [B] Niti Aayog [C] RBI [D] Indian Army
Correct Answer: C [RBI]
The Reserve Bank had launched its first global hackathon – “Harbinger 2021 – Innovation for Transformation” with the theme ‘Smarter Digital Payments’ in November 2021.
9. Which institution/ department notifies cost inflation index (CII) every year?
[A] Reserve Bank of India [B] Central Board of Direct Taxes [C] National Statistical Office [D] Department of Economic Affairs
Correct Answer: B [Central Board of Direct Taxes]
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) recently notified the cost inflation index (CII) for FY 2022-23 as 331.
10. As per recent MFIN report, which is the largest state in terms of the outstanding portfolio of microfinance loans?
[A] Maharashtra [B] Tamil Nadu [C] Andhra Pradesh [D] Uttar Pradesh
Correct Answer: B [Tamil Nadu]
According to the quarterly report published by Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN), Tamil Nadu has displaced West Bengal to emerge as the largest State in terms of the outstanding portfolio of microfinance loans.
The gross loan portfolio (GLP) of Tamil Nadu as of March 31, 2022 stood at ₹36,806 crore while the overall microfinance industry has a total GLP of ₹2,85,441 crore as of March 31, 2022. Banks held the largest share of the portfolio in micro-credit followed by NBFC-MFIs.
11.Which Ministry/institution launched North East Capacity Building (NECB) 2.0 Project?
[A] Ministry of Electronics and IT [B] Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship [C] NASSCOM [D] NITI Aayog
Correct Answer: A [Ministry of Electronics and IT]
The Ministry of Electronics and IT launched five National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NEILIT).
12. MyGov Helpdesk has been made accessible to citizens in which social platform?
[A] Twitter [B] WhatsApp [C] Telegram [D] Koo
Correct Answer: B [WhatsApp]
MyGov announced that citizens will be able to use the MyGov Helpdesk on WhatsApp, to access the Digilocker service.
13. In which state, the Department of Posts delivered mail using a drone for the first time?
[A] Kerala [B] Telangana [C] Gujarat [D] Odisha
Correct Answer: C [Gujarat]
The Department of Posts delivered mail using a drone as part of a pilot project in Gujarat’s Kutch district, for the first time. The project covered a distance of 46 km in 25 minutes, from Bhuj taluk to Bhachau taluk of Kutch district by the postal department under the guidance of the Union Ministry of Communications.
14. The Union Cabinet expanded the scope of Government e-Marketplace (GeM) to allow which entity to register as buyers?
[A] Post Offices [B] Cooperative Societies [C] Small Finance Banks [D] Common Service Centres
Correct Answer: B [Cooperative Societies]
The Union Cabinet expanded the scope of the public procurement portal Government e-Marketplace (GeM) to allow cooperative societies to register as buyers.
15. What is the objective of the ‘Farishtey Dilli Ke’ scheme?
[A] Providing Nutrition kit to children [B] Encouraging people to rescue people from road accidents [C] Skill Development to Urban Poor [D] Financial assistance to pregnant women
Correct Answer: B [Encouraging people to rescue people from road accidents]
‘Farishtey Dilli Ke’ scheme was launched in October 2019, to encourage people to rescue those who have met with road accidents.
16. Which institution launched ‘CiSS Mobile Application’?
[A] NCPCR [B] NCERT [C] NITI Aayog [D] Supreme Court of India
Correct Answer: A [NCPCR]
The National Commission for the Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has launched a “CiSS application” under the Baal Swaraj portal.
17. Which state recently launched ‘Mukhyamantri Matrushakti Yojna’?
[A] Chhattisgarh [B] Gujarat [C] Madhya Pradesh [D] Assam
Correct Answer: B [Gujarat]
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘Mukhyamantri Matrushakti Yojna’ a nutrition scheme for pregnant and lactating mothers- in Gujarat’s Vadodara.
18. Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying is set to launch ‘One Health’ Pilot project in which city?
[A] Chennai [B] Bengaluru [C] Ahmadabad [D] Mysuru
Correct Answer: B [Bengaluru]
The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying is set to launch the One Health Pilot project in Bengaluru.
19. Which state recently approved its Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy 2022 and announced to reimburse 100% SGST and registration fees on sales of EVs?
[A] Assam [B] Chhattisgarh [C] Rajasthan [D] Goa
Correct Answer: B [Chhattisgarh]
The Chhattisgarh government approved its Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy 2022 to make the state an EV-manufacturing hub and create employment.
20. Which is the first Indian state to connect all commercial vehicles equipped with Tracking Device with Emergency Response Support System (ERSS)?
[A] Gujarat [B] Himachal Pradesh [C] New Delhi [D] Haryana
Correct Answer: B [Himachal Pradesh]
Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in the country to connect all registered commercial vehicles equipped with Vehicle Location Tracking Device (VLTD) with Emergency Response Support System (ERSS).