1__________ are used commonly for issuing instructions to the staff.
(a) Memos (b) Office notes
(c) Office order (d) None of these
2. Office notes are exchange between __________ different departments.
(a) Three (b) Four
(c) Five (d) Two
3. Representation to management does not includes:
(a) Individual Preference (b) Special holidays
(c) Suggestions for transfers (d) Both (a) & ( b)
4. __________ have a format similar to that of memorandums:
(a) Office notes (b) Office circulars
(c) Office orders (d) None of the above
5. Replies to representation can be:
(a) Management could accept respect
(b) May give an oral replay
(c) Could issue an office order
(d) All of the above.
6. Disseminate means:
(a) To cause faster or greater activity
(b) Respectful request
(c) Capable of being perceived
(d) To scatter or spread widely
7. The testing or a trial of a person’s conduct, character, qualifications or the like means:
(a) Bipartive (b) Meritorious
(c) Probation (d) Inter office
8. Memo, report, office, circulars, staff news letters, fax etc. are the form of
(a) Non-verbal communication
(b) Written communication
(c) Oral communication
(d) Audio-visual communication
9. Business letters should be concise.
10. Which of these must be avoided in business letters?
(a) Polite words
(b) Formal words
(d) Clear details
11. The mode of payment must be stated in business letters.
12. Which of these must not be mentioned in a business letter?
(a) Information of the quality of the order
(b) Name of the firm
(c) The mode of payment
(d) With regards
13. Where should the name of the firm be mentioned?
(a) Right of the page
(b) Below the address of the writer
(c) Above the address of the writer
(d) On the last page of the letter
14. Which of these is not a mode of address for any letter?
(a) To a tradesman
(b) To a child
(c) To a firm
(d) To professional men
15. Which of these is not used to conclude a business letter?
(a) Yours faithfully
(b) Yours truly
(c) Yours sincerely
(d) With kind regards
16. Which of these should not be present in a business letter?
(a) The name of firm or businessman
(b) The date
(c) Business jargon
(d) Courteous leave-taking
17. The space to be left from the top is ___
(a) 5 cms
(b) 2.5 cms
(c) 4 cms
(d) 2 cms
18. Where are the details of enclosures mentioned?
(a) Beginning of the letter
(b) Below the signature column
(c) Right-hand side of the letter
(d) Main body of the letter
1 (a) 2 (d)3 (a)
4 (c) 5 (d)6 (d) 7 (c) 8 (b) 9 (a)
10 (c) 11 (a) 12 (d) 13 (b) 14 (b) 15 (c)
16 (c) 17 (a) 18 (b)