1. Any word that adds more meaning to the noun is called an __________
(A) Adverb (B) Verb (C) Adjective (D) Noun
2. A__________indicates the action done by the subject
(A) Verb (B) Adverb (C) Noun (D) Pronoun
3. A___________is a word which connects words phrases , clauses or sentences
(A) Preposition (B) Conjunction (C) Interjection (D) Verb
4. During presentation using an OHP. One can read information line by line using an opaque sheet to cover the transparency with a view to minimize distraction. This technology is called _________
(A) Positive disclosure (B) Zero disclosure
(C) Negative disclosure (D) Progressive disclosure
5. Another thing that you have to avoid is adding to OHP’s with a ________ during a talk.
(A) Chalk (B) Pencil (C) Pen (D) Marker
6. It is important to consider proper _____ room where you are giving your presentation.
(A) Darkness (B) lighting (C) Lightning (D) ventilation
7. _____ Listening means learning through conversation
(A) Evaluative (B) Appreciative (C) Dialogic (D) Empathetic
8. In _____ Listening the difference between the sounds is identified
(A) Discriminative (B) Comprehension (C) Dialogic (D) Empathetic
9. The ___________is an exclamation mark
(A) ? (B) . (C) , (D) !
10. Evaluative listening is also called _____
(A) Therapeutic (B) Evaluative (C) Dialogic (D) Impathetic
11. The___________is the action or description that occur in the sentence
(A) Predicate (B) Subject (C) Object (D) Complement
12. The _____________speech is also called as reported speech
(A) Direct (B) Indirect (C) Indefinite (D) Definite
13. A positive statement (in a question tag) takes a ___________tag
(A) Negative (B) Positive (C) Question (D) Answer
14. Hearing is only an important component of ____
(A) Hearing (B) Listening (C) Talking (D) Speaking
15. In _____ Listening the main intention is to seek certain information which will be appreciated
(A) Empathetic (B) Appreciative (C) Evaluative (D) Dialogic
16. _____ Is an aggressive behavior and will most likely bring a negative response from the speaker.
(A) Interrupting (B) Yawning (C) Slapping (D) Dancing
17. It is important to choose the right environment because it will help the listener focus & avoid ____
(A) Attrition (B) Distractions (C) Disturbances (D) Noise
18. Semantic market are the links between two ____
(A) Words (B) Phrases (C) Clauses (D) Sentences
19. _____ Customer not only returns to your organization for a second time but also tells about his satisfaction others.
(A) Unsatisfied (B) Impatient (C) Satisfied (D) Patient
20. Always ____ the customer for calling
(A) Slap (B) Reprimand (C) Thank (D) Never thank
21. The technique of ____ should be mastered to handle displeased customers.
(A) BLAST (B) BLSAT (C) BALST (D) None
22. In __________verb the action passes from the subject an object
(A) Transitive (B) Un transitive (C) Modal (D)Main
23. __________refers to the time of action
(A) Tense (B) Transitive (C) Intransitive (D) Main verb
24. Reading comprehension means understanding a ____ text.
(A) Oral (B) Written (C) Usual (D) Audio
25. Reading is a __________________ process.
(A) Encoding (B) Listening (C) Decoding (D) Talking
26. While making a slide, the number of words should be limited to a maximum of _______ per slide.
(A) 8 (B) 9 (C) 10 (D) 11
27. A group of related words that contain both a subject and predicate and that functions as part of a sentence is
(A) Sentence (B) Phrase (C) Clause (D) Compound
28. When we read shorter texts like research papers for specific detailed information we read slowly & with a lot of concentration ,this is called ____ reading.
(A) Intensive (B) Extensive (C) Detailed (D Short
29. Most of our day-to-day reading it done _____
(A) Loudly (B) Extensively (C) Intensively (D) Silently
30. _____ is to relate the content to that previous and future learning of the subject
(A) Review (B) Reading (C) Recalling (D) All