1. Which country recently became the largest Latin American country to legalize abortion?
2. Which country aims to launch world’s first wood-based space satellite to combat the growing problem of space debris or junk?
3. The World Bank recently released the Global Economic Prospects report. According to the report the Indian economy is to contract by _______________ in 2020-21.
The Indian economy is to recover 5.4 percent in 2021-22. The contraction in Indian economy will be mainly due to sharp decline in household spending and private investment.
4. Which entity has recently released the Food Price Index?
Answer: Food and Agriculture Organization
The Food Price for the month of December was 100 7.5 points. Food and Agriculture Organization calculates the food price index measuring the monthly changes of a basket of oilseeds, cereals, meat, dairy products, and sugar.
5. The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) recently released its Statement on Climate of India during 2020. According to IMD, 2020 was the ______________ warmest year on record since 1901.
6. The union government has recently decided to extend the benefit of Remission of ‘Duties and Taxes on Exported Products (RoDTEP)’ scheme to _________________________________ in order to boost export.
Answer: All Export Goods
RoDTEP scheme will refund embedded Central, State, and local taxes to exporters that were so far not being given rebate or refunded.
7. The UJALA (Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All) and SLNP (Street Lighting National Programme) completed six years of successful implementation. Under UJALA, how many LED bulbs were distributed by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)?
Answer: 6.69 crores
8. Which automobile company has become world’s most valuable two-wheeler company, after crossing a market capitalization of more than Rs 1 lakh crore?
Answer: Bajaj Auto
9. Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, under Ministry of Commerce & Industry has recently organized which marathon program by conducting sector-specific webinars for promoting Quality and Productivity in Indian Industry?
Answer: Udyog Manthan
It has been launched in association with Quality Council of India, National Productivity Council, and Industry bodies.
10. Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Textile Minister Smriti Zubin Irani jointly launched ________________, with an aim to conceptualize innovative toys based on the Indian value system.
Answer: Toycathon 2021
11. The Government of India has decided to construct the largest floating solar energy project in the world. The project will be constructed at Omkareshwar Dam which is located on the river ________________.
12. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) recently imposed Rs 25 crores fine on the Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and its Managing Director Mukesh Ambani. The fine was imposed for carrying out manipulative trade practices in relation to a subsidiary company of RIL. Name the subsidiary company.
Answer: Reliance Petroleum Limited
13. GST Revenue collection for the month of November 2020 has been recorded to be an all-time high since the implementation of the Goods and Services Tax in the country. What is the amount of revenue collected?
Answer: 1.15 Lakh Crore Rupees
14. International Financial Services Centers Authority (IFSCA) has recently become an Associate Member of which global body?
Answer: International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)
IOSCO is an International organization covering 95% of world’s securities markets. HQs: Madrid, Spain.
IFSCA is a Unified authority to regulate all financial services in IFSCs. HQs: Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
15. Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation has signed an MoU with UNDP India to co-create India’s first ____________________________.
Answer: Social Impact Bond (SIB)
SIB is also called pay-for-success bond or pay-for-success financing. It is basically a contract with public sector authority for better social outcomes.