1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched Digital Payments Index (DPI) to capture the extent of digitization of digital/electronic payments. How many broad parameters DPI contains for measurement of deepening and penetration of digital payments?
Answer: 5 Broad Parameters
• Payment Enablers
• Payment Infrastructure
• Payment Infrastructure
• Payment Performance
• Consumer Centricity
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) system for all the payment transactions of value ____________________________ using Centralized Payment Systems like Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT).
Answer: Rs 50 Crore and Above
LEI is a 20-digit alphanumeric code used to uniquely identify parties for financial transactions worldwide.
3. Which cooperative bank has become the first Urban Co-Operative Bank (UCB) in India to receive license from RBI to operate as a Small Finance Bank (SFB)?
Answer: Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank (SMCB)
SMCB bank received commercial banking license from banking regulator RBI to transition to an SFB, under the voluntary transition scheme. The bank will start its banking operations from April 2021. SMCB is headquartered at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
4. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced operational guidelines for Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) scheme. The main aim of the funds is to deploy more digital payment infrastructure across _______________________________.
Answer: Tier-3 To Tier-6 Centres and North Eastern States
5. New Development Bank (NDB) has signed USD 646 million loan agreements with Govt of India for two road projects in __________________.
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
6. The Reserve Bank of India recently formed an advisory council under chairmanship of former deputy governor _________________ to advise the director of the central bank on supervisory colleges to identify areas where upskilling and building are required in supervisory colleges.
Answer: N S Vishwanathan
7. Who has taken over as the Chairman of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) with effect from January 1, 2021?
Answer: Soma Mondal
8. Who has been appointed as the deputy election commissioner in the Election Commission of India?
Answer: Umesh Sinha
9. Former Union Minister and senior Rajasthan Congress leader _____________ passed away, recently. He served as the Home Minister of India during Rajiv Gandhi govt from 1986 to 1989.
Answer: Buta Singh
10. World Braille Day is observed every year on __________ to celebrate the birth anniversary of Louis Braille, the inventor of Braille?
Answer: 4th January
11. The 7th WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) Conclave was organized in virtual mode from 2 to 4 December 2020. It is being organized by UNICEF and _____________________________________________.
Answer: National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR)
12. The cyclone Burevi hit the Karaikal coast of Tamil Nadu 7 days after the cyclone__________________ hit the state’s coastal area.
13. Ninth edition of International Sand Art Festival (ISAF) and 31st edition of Konark Festival has been conducted from 1 to 5 Dec 2020 in _______________________.
14. Ministry of Home Affairs releases list of best performing Police Stations across India every year to incentivize more effective functioning of police stations. Which Police Station was ranked first in the list of best performing police station for the year 2020?
Answer: Nongpok Sekmai, Manipur
15. India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020 was recently organized by Department of Telecommunications and Cellular Operators Association of India. What was the theme for IMC 2020?
Answer: Inclusive Innovation - Smart, Secure, Sustainable