1. What is ‘Acinetobacter baumannii’, which was seen in the news?
[D] Animal species
Answer: C [Bacteria]
2. ‘Srikrishnan Harihara Sarma’ has been appointed as the MD and CEO of which bank?
[A] Yes Bank
[B] IDBI Bank
[C] Karnataka Bank
[D] HDFC Bank
Answer: C [Karnataka Bank]
Sarma has nearly four decades of experience spread across Commercial, Retail, and Transactional Banking, Technology and Payments. He was part of the founding management team at HDFC Bank Ltd for over nine years.
3. RBI has recently sanctioned the merger of which Co-op banks?
[A] Cosmos Co-op and Maratha Co-op
[B] Saraswat Co-op and Cosmos Co-op
[C] Bharat Co-op and Maratha Co-op
[D] SVC Bank and Maratha Co-op
Answer: A [Cosmos Co-op and Maratha Co-op]
4. Which state is set to develop the Konark Sun Temple Complex?
[A] West Bengal
Answer: B [Odisha]
The Odisha government has recently decided to develop the Konark Sun Temple Complex with an outlay of Rs.209 crore.
5. Which institution released the ‘Forever Toxic: The science on health threats from plastic recycling’?
[D] Greenpeace Philippines
Answer: D [Greenpeace Philippines]
The report was released ahead of the second session of the Intergovernmental Negotiating Committee to develop a Global Plastics Treaty, being held at Paris, France.
6. Which Union Ministry releases ‘Periodic Labour Force Survey Figures’?
[A] Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
[B] Ministry of Labour and Employment
[C] Ministry of MSME
[D] Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Answer: A [Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation]
7. Which Asian country joined the ‘Centralised Laboratory Network (CLN)’?
[A] Sri Lanka
Answer: B [India]
CLN is a part of the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) and the Network is the largest global group which has standardised methods and materials for testing.
8. As of 2023, India has how many joint logistics nodes?
Answer: B [Three]
9. Which institution launched the ‘National Mission for Mentoring’?
[D] NITI Aayog
Answer: B [NCTE]
The National Mission for Mentoring (NMM) is an initiative aimed at creating a pool of outstanding professionals willing to provide mentoring for school teachers and promote their professional development.
10. What is the name of the waste water this disposed during the crude oil excavation and processing?
[A] Formation water
[B] Deposit water
[C] Bio water
[D] Processed water
Answer: A [Formation water]
Formation water is the waste water which is disposed during the crude oil excavation and processing.
A mixture with plant-based biomaterial, biosurfactant, and NPK fertilizer is found to restore this water. It was discovered by scientists of the Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST).
11. Which term refers to the phenomenon when currency in circulation rising when digital payments are rising?
[A] Currency Demand Paradox
[B] Digital Demand Paradox
[C] Bank Note Paradox
[D] Finance Paradox
Answer: A [Currency Demand Paradox]
Currency demand paradox happens when currency in circulation rising when digital payments are rising too. This phenomenon is seen in India.
12. Which space agency confirmed that an alien signal has been beamed to the Earth from Mars for the first time?
Answer: B [ESA]
European Space Agency (ESA) confirmed that an alien signal has been beamed to Earth from Mars for the first time.
13. Which Union Ministry notified ‘New Rules for Anti-Tobacco Warnings on OTT platforms’?
[A] Union Health Ministry
[B] Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry
[C] Union Communication Ministry
[D] Union MSME Ministry
Answer: A [Union Health Ministry]
The Central government has recently notified new norms for anti-tobacco warnings on OTT platforms.
14. ‘HMPV’ Virus, which was seen in the news, affects which part of the body?
[B] Respiratory Tract
Answer: B [Respiratory Tract]
15. Which country unveiled the ‘Obstetric Fistula Strategic Plan’?
Answer: B [Zambia]
Obstetric fistula is a health condition characterized by the formation of an opening between the passage through which a baby is delivered and the urinary or digestive system.
16. As per NSO data, what is India’s GDP growth in the January to March 2023 quarter?
[A] 6.8 %
[B] 6.1 %
[C] 6.6 %
[D] 7.4 %
Answer: B [6.1 %]
17. What was the Goods & Services Tax (GST) revenue collected in the month of May 2023?
[A] Rs 1.67 lakh crore
[B] Rs 1.43 lakh crore
[C] Rs 1.56 lakh crore
[D] Rs 1.57 lakh crore
Answer: D [Rs 1.57 lakh crore]
18. India has recently decided to establish a ‘global strategic partnership’ with which country?
Answer: A [USA]
19. Which state hosted the Urs-e-Sharif event of Sufi saint Hazrat Khwaja Banda Nawaz Gesudaraz?
[D] Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C [Karnataka]
20. Which neighbouring country recorded an annual inflation rate of 37.97% in May 2023?
Answer: A [Pakistan]
21. Which country won the Men’s Junior Asia Cup 2023 title?
[A] South Korea
Answer: C [India]
22. Which institution released a report titled ‘Derailment in Indian Railways’?
[A] NITI Aayog
[B] Railway Board
[C] Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG)
[D] Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC)
Answer: C [Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG)]
23. What is the expansion of ‘ESM’ set up by Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE) ?
[A] Enhanced Surveillance Measure
[B] Extreme Surveillance Measure
[C] Enhanced Safety Measure
[D] Enhanced Security Measure
Answer: A [Enhanced Surveillance Measure]
24. Which country hosts the ‘Special Olympics World Summer Games’?
Answer: B [Germany]
25. Kakhovka Dam, which was seen in the news, is located in which country?
[D] New Zealand
Answer: A [Ukraine]
26. Which institution launched the National Campaign- “Addiction Free Amrit Kaal”?
[A] NITI Aayog
Answer: C [NCPCR]
The National Campaign “Addiction Free Amrit Kaal” was recently launched by the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR).
Its aim is to make India a tobacco and drug-free nation among children. The theme of “World No Tobacco Day” this year is ‘We need food, not tobacco’.