1. Veteran Congress leader Madhavsinh Solanki passed away at his residence in Gandhinagar. How many times he has served as the Chief Minister of Gujarat?
2. World Hindi Day or World Hindi Diwas is observed annually on _______________ to promote Hindi language across the globe.
Answer : January 10
3. Every year the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is celebrated on January 9. What was the theme for this day for the Year 2021?
Answer: Contributing to Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
4. Every year National Youth Day is celebrated on January 12. It is also known as the _______________.
Answer: Yuva Diwas
Theme of National Youth Day, 2021: YUVAAH-Utsah Naye Bharat Ka. The National Youth Day is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. 2021 is the 158th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand.
5. Indian Army Day is observed every year on ______________ to honor our valiant soldiers who sacrificed their lives to protect the country and its citizens?
Answer: 15 January
6. ISRO will launch a satellite completely developed in Brazil from Satish Dhawan Space Centre. Name the satellite.
7. Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has laid foundation stone
of ‘TiHAN- Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation Systems’ through virtual mode at which Institute?
Answer: IIT Hyderabad
TiHAN is India’s first Testbed for Autonomous Navigation Systems (Terrestrial and Aerial).
8. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has capped Trans Fatty Acids (TFA) amount in food to 3% for 2021 and __________ by 2022 from the current permissible limit of 5%.
9. PM Narendra Modi has dedicated 450 km long ‘Kochi-Mangaluru Natural Gas Pipeline’ to nation in line with One Nation One Gas Grid. It is built by which company?
Answer: GAIL (India) Limited
10. The Indian Space Research Organization recently released the plan for the decade which included reusable satellite launch vehicle, heavy lift rocket and semi-cryogenic engine. ISRO is to complete its moon mission Chandrayaan-3, first Indian Data Relay Satellite System (IDRSS) and the solar mission named ________________.
11. Which entity has recently announced that it has authorized two COVID- 19 vaccines- COVAXIN and COVISHIELD- for restricted Emergency Use in India?
Answer: Drug Controller General of India
The COVAXIN is the COVID-19 vaccine developed by Bharat Biotech and ICMR (Indian council of Medical Research). It was the first indigenous COVID-19 vaccine to be developed in the country. The COVISHIELD vaccine was developed by Oxford University and Astra Zeneca, the pharmaceutical company, and it is being manufactured by Serum Institute of India (Pune).
12. India’s first pollinator park was recently inaugurated at ________________________.
Answer: Haldwani, Uttarakhand
13. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of the common high court for Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh?
Answer: Pankaj Mithal
14. Which state government has launched a ‘Launch Pad Scheme’ for the boys and girls coming out of child- care institutions and having completed 18 years of age?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
15. India and which other country has successfully tested ‘Medium-Range Surface-to-Air Missile(MRSAM)’ defense system?
MRSAM missile defense system has been developed jointly by DRDO and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) todeal with airstrikes by enemy countries.