1. Where is the headquarters of International Labour Organisation (ILO)?
1) Washington D.C, US
2) Paris, France
3) New York City, US
4) Rome, Italy
5) Geneva, Switzerland
Answer – 5) Geneva, Switzerland
Explanation:The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is the first and oldest specialised agency of the UN. Director General (DG)– Guy Ryder. Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland.
2. Which is the 1st country to recognise Pfizer-bioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine?
4) United States
Answer – 2) Britain
Explanation: The Government of Britain has become the first country to recognise Pfizer-bioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine, after recommendations by Independent Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) for its use. Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine has been proven to have 95% effectiveness against COVID-19 in the final phase trials.
3. As per the official data released by Controller General of Accounts (CGA), the Central Government’s fiscal deficit increased to what percent of the annual budget estimate of FY21, at the end of October 2020?
Answer – 3) 119.7%
Explanation: In accordance with the official data released by Controller General of Accounts (CGA), the Central Government’s fiscal deficit increased to Rs 9.53 lakh crore (9,53,154 crore), or 119.7% of the annual budget estimate of FY21, at the end of October 2020. It was 114.8% of the annual budget estimate at the end of September 2020. Also, in the first 7 months of the FY20, the deficit was at 102.4% of the annual target. The key reason behind this increase is poor revenue realization due to lockdown imposed to curb COVID-19.
4. Name the Equity financing firm which partnered with NITI Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) on a year-long partnership, to promote women entrepreneurship in India.
1) Sequoia India
2) Dragoneer Investment Group
3) Faering Capital
4) Mahindra Partners
5) Gaja Capitals
Answer – 1) Sequoia India
Explanation: Equity financing firm Sequoia India partnered with NITI Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) on a year-long partnership, to promote women entrepreneurship in India. Sequoia India will mentor a group of women founders to equip them with domain knowledge and skills through mentorship sessions with investors and business leaders.
5. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Hindustan Unilever Limited’s relaunched adult nutrition brand, Horlicks Protein Plus?
1) Amitabh Bachchan
2) Salman Khan
3) Aamir Khan
4) Akshay Kumar
5) Rajkumar Rao
Answer – 4) Akshay Kumar
Explanation: Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) appointed Bollywood actor, Akshay Kumar as the brand ambassador of its relaunched adult nutrition brand, Horlicks Protein Plus, through a new TVC (Television Commercial). Through the campaign, he will represent the brand and encourage urban Indian adults to fight the protein deficiency on a daily basis by making ‘Protein ka routine’ (make protein a routine).
6. Who is the richest women of India according to the 2nd edition of “Kotak Wealth Hurun – Leading Wealthy Women” 2020?
1) Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
2) Roshni Nadar Malhotra
3) Nilima Motaparti
4) Leena Gandhi Tewari
5) Kanika Tekriwal
Answer – 2) Roshni Nadar Malhotra
Explanation: The 2nd edition of “Kotak Wealth Hurun – Leading Wealthy Women” 2020 was jointly launched by Kotak Wealth Management, a division of Kotak Mahindra Bank (Kotak) and Hurun India. Roshni Nadar Malhotra (32 years), the chairperson of HCL Technologies has topped the Kotak Wealth Hurun India 2020 and was named as India’s richest woman with a wealth of Rs.54,850 crore. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chairperson and Managing Director of Biocon Limited was named the 2nd richest women of India with a wealth of Rs.36600 crores. She is the wealthiest self-made woman on the list.
7. Where is the Mount Semeru, an active volcano, located?
4) New Zealand
Answer – 1) Indonesia
Explanation: Semeru, or Mount Semeru, is an active volcano in East Java, Indonesia. It is located in the subduction zone, where the Indo-Australia plate subducts under the Eurasia plate. It is the highest mountain on the island of Java. This stratovolcano is also known as Mahameru, meaning 'The Great Mountain. It came into the new when recently hot ash tumbled as far as 3,000 metres (9,800 feet) down the slopes of Mount Semeru. The 3,676-metre (12,060-feet) mountain in Lumajang district is the highest volcano on Indonesia’s most densely populated island of Java.
8. Who is the Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year 2020?
1) Lisa Su
2) Tim Cook
3) Jensen Huang
4) Elon Musk
5) Ajay Banga
Answer- 4) Elon Musk
Explanation: On December 2, 2020 The Fortune ranked Shantanu Narayen, Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Adobe in 8th position and Ajay Banga, CEO of Mastercard in 9th position in its list of Businessperson of the Year 2020. The list is topped by Elon Musk, co-founder & CEO of Tesla. He is also CEO of Space Exploration Technologies Corp.(SpaceX). He tops the list for the second time.
9. Who is the President of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), in December 2020
1) António Guterres
2) Joseph Deiss
3) Kristalina Georgieva
4) Volkan Bozkir
5) David Malpass
Answer- 4) Volkan Bozkir
Explanation: Volkan Bozkır of Turkey was elected the President of the 75th session of the UN General Assembly
10. Which country is at the top spot in FIFA Men’s Ranking in December, 2020?
Answer- 3) Belgium
Explanation: Belgium currently sit top of the FIFA world rankings, just ahead of reigning world champions France.
11. Who is the President of Asian Development Bank (ADB) in December, 2020?
1) Takehiko Nakao
2) Rakesh Sharma
3) Masatsugu Asakawa
4) David Malpass
5) Gita Gopinath
Answer- 3) Masatsugu Asakawa
Explanation: Masatsugu Asakawa is the President of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Chairperson of ADB's Board of Directors. He was elected President by ADB's Board of Governors and assumed office on 17 January 2020.
12. India’s first diversified REIT (Real Estate Investment Trusts) Mutual Fund was launched by, _____.
1) Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
2) Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited
3) Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company Limited
4) Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund
5) ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
Answer- 2) Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited
Explanation: On December 7, 2020, Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC) or Kotak Mutual Fund launched India’s first diversified REIT (Real Estate Investment Trusts) Mutual Fund namely “Kotak International REIT Fund of Funds”. It is an open-ended mutual fund scheme that will invest in units of SMAM Asia REIT Sub Trust Fund to provide long-term capital appreciation and income. The SMAM Asia REIT Sub Trust Fund is one of the largest Asia Pacific (Excluding Japan) REIT funds investing in listed REITs in the Asia Pacific region. It is managed by Sumitomo Mitsui DS AMC Limited headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
13. Who is the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ICICI Bank?
1) Prashant Kumar
2) Atul Kumar Goel
3) Sandeep Bakhshi
4) Aditya Puri
5) Deepak Parekh
Answer- 3) Sandeep Bakhshi
Explanation: Mr. Sandeep Bakhshi is the Managing Director and CEO of ICICI Bank since October 15, 2018.
14. Who is appointed as the inaugural CEO of WHO Foundation in December 2020?
1) Indra Nooyi
2) Bob Chapek
3) Jamie Dimon
4) Chanda Kochhar
5) Anil Soni
Answer- 5) Anil Soni
Explanation: On December 8, 2020 WHO Foundation appointed Anil Soni, Indian-origin global health expert as its Chief Executive Officer(CEO) or inaugural CEO. He will take charge on January 1, 2021. Anil Soni as a CEO will expedite the work of WHO Foundation to invest in innovative, evidence-based initiatives that support WHO (World Health Organisation) to deliver on its mission to ensure healthy lives and improve well-being for everyone.
15. Forbes 100 most powerful women 2020 ranked Nirmala Sitharaman at ______ position.
Answer- 4) 41
Explanation: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman made it to the 100 most powerful women list announced in the 17th annual Forbes power list. This is the second time she features in the list, in 2019 ranked at 34 and ranked 41st in 2020. India’s leading Business women, kiran mazumdar-shaw, Chairman of Biocon Limited also featured in the list at 68th position.
16. Who is the First Female Judge at the Supreme Court of India?
1) Leila Seth
2) Bula Choudhury
3) Sujata Manohar
4) Gyan Sudha Misra
5) Fathima Beevi
Answer- 5) Fathima Beevi
Explanation: M. Fathima Beevi (born 30 April 1927) is a former judge of the Supreme Court of India. Appointed to the apex Court in 1989, she became the first female judge to be a part of the Supreme court of India.
17. Which country is not a member nation of ASEAN?
Answer- 3) India
Explanation: Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has 10 States ― Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam and 1 Observer – Papua New Guinea.
18. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced to issue guidelines for Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) with regard to distribution of dividend. Under which section does the Non- Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) comply with minimum prudential requirements in order to declare dividend in the RBI Act, 1934?
1) Section 21A
2) Section 45(U)
3) Section 26 (1)
4) Section 45 IC
5) Section 26(2)
Answer- 4) Section 45 IC
Explanation: The NBFCs are required to comply with the following minimum prudential requirements in order to declare dividend. NBFCs should comply with the provisions of Section 45 IC of the RBI Act, 1934.
19. Where is the Headquarters of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) located?
2) New York
Answer- 2) New York,United states
Explanation: UNICEF, also known as the United Nations Children's Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. Its headquarters is located at New York.