1. Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has signed an MoU with Federal Ministry of Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology of Austria on _______________.
Answer: Technology Cooperation in Road Infrastructure Sector MoU will create bilateral cooperation in the field of Road Transportation, Road/Highways infrastructure
development, management and administration, Road safety and Intelligent Transport Systems.
2. Indian PM Narendra Modi and Uzbekistan President Shavkat Mirziyoyev have jointly cochaired India-Uzbekistan virtual Summit to strengthen strategic partnership. India approved US $448 million Line of Credit. How many MoUs India has signed with Uzbekistan during the summit?
Answer: 9 MoU
MoUs were signed in the field of Solar Energy, Digital Technologies, Trade, Economic and Investment Cooperation, etc.
3. How many MoUs India and Bangladesh have signed during bilateral summit held recently.
Answer: 7 MoUs
MoUs were signed on Hydrocarbon Sector, Agriculture, and some other sector.
4. Which country’s tradition of communal dining at hawker centers has been recognized
by UNESCO for its cultural significance?
The UNESCO added the city-state’s “hawker culture” to its Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
5. Which country has virtually hosted 20th Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Council of Ministers (COM) Meeting with the theme of ‘Promoting a Shared Destiny and Path to Prosperity in the Indian Ocean’?
Answer: United Arab Emirates (UAE)
6. Which global agency has signed an MoU with Kerala state government to establish India’s first ‘Gender Data Hub’ at the Gender Park at Kozhikode campus, where International Institute for Gender and Development is also located?
Answer: UN Women
7. Indian Navy and Vietnamese Navy has recently undertaken naval passage exercise ‘PASSEX 2020’ in __________________.
Answer: South China Sea
8. Which Indian personality has been recently nominated as the board member of Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI)?
Answer: Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Harsh Vardhan
9. IIT-Bombay researchers have rolled out urban quality of life index to show the reality of life in Indian cities. Mumbai has bagged the 1st place in index. Which city stood last?
10. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has inaugurated the 63rd Founding Day Celebrations of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI). On this occasion, which report was released by her that analyses organized smuggling trends on Gold and Foreign Currency, Narcotic Drugs, Security, Environment and Commercial Frauds?
Answer: Smuggling in India Report 2019-20
11. World Health Organization (WHO) has released World Malaria Report (WMR) 2020 giving estimated cases for malaria across the world. As per the report, India is the only high endemic nation which has reported decline of malaria cases by ____________ in 2019 as compared to 2018.
South-East Asia made strong progress with case and death reductions of 73% and 74%, respectively. India showed largest drop in cases from 20 to 6 million. Globally, cases declined in 238 million (2000) to 229 million in 2019.
12. What was India’s rank in global Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI), 2020?
No top 3 positions were filled due to non-fulfillment of criteria.
Sweden bagged 4th place, followed by UK(5th), Denmark (6th), Morocco (7th). China bagged 33rd rank and USA, appears at the bottom.
CCPI is developed by Germanwatch and NewClimate Institute (Germany) together with the Climate Action Network (CAN International).
13. Health minister Harsh Vardhan has released 5th National Family Health Survey (NFHS) comprising of detailed information on population, health, and nutrition for India. Phase 1 results show the status of ______________________.
Answer: 17 States and 5 UTs
Phase II will cover the remaining 12 States and 2 UTs and is expected to come by May 2021.
14. India has been ranked 131 among 189 countries on the Human Development Index (HDI) in Human Development Report 2020, released by United Nations Development Program (UNDP). Which country ranked first?
Answer: Norway topped HDI, followed by Ireland, Switzerland, Hong Kong, and Iceland.
HDI measures average achievement on 3 basic aspects: life expectancy, education, and per capita income.
15. India was ranked at ____________ place in the ‘Human Freedom Index 2020: A Global Measurement of Personal, Civil, and Economic Freedom’.
It is the sixth Annual Report released by Cato Institute of United States & Fraser Institute in Canada. New Zealand topped the index followed by Switzerland.