Updated: Apr 6
1. Study the following digit-letter-symbol sequence carefully and answer the questions given below: R * T J L 2 $ D = M # 8 C % B < K 1 & A W ? P E + Q @ 7 F 6
Which of the following is third to the left of eighteenth element from the left?
2. A Company Secretary in Practice can appear as ‘Authorised Representative’ before
a. National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT)
b. Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA)
c. Competition Commission of India (CCI)
d. All of the above
3. Minimum number of members require to incorporation of a Public Company under the Companies Act, 2013 –
4. Which of the following is always associated with ‘Justice’?
5. Which of the following is not an objective of the law of tort?
a. Criminal Punishment
b. Corrective justice
6. When one person signifies to another his willingness to do or to abstain from doing anything with a view to obtaining the assent of that other person to such act or abstinence, he is said to make a
c. Both (A) and (B)
d. None of these
7. The law of contract is different from the law of tort in which way?
a. Contracts are always written
b. Tort is made up predominantly of statute law
c. It is actionable in both the civil and criminal courts
d. It generally concerns a relationship between two parties only
8. ‘Court of Record’ is a Court which?
a. Is competent to issue writs
b. Maintains records
c. Preserves all its records
d. Can punish for its contempt
9. Which of the following Judges of the Supreme Court of India is famously known as the 'Green Judge'?
a. Justice P.N. Bhagwati
b. Justice B.N. Kirpal
c. Justice Kuldip Singh
d. Justice V.R. Krishna Iya
10. In a top secret message, if LIVING is coded as KGSHLD. How will BUDDHA be coded?
11. Find the odd number/letter from the given alternatives.
12. Book: Cover :: Painting : ?
13. Insect: Disease:: War : ?
14. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence.
1. Cut 2. Put on 3. Mark 4. Measure 5. Tailor a. 4, 3, 1, 5, 2
b. 2, 4, 3, 1, 5
c. 1, 3, 2, 4, 5
d. 3, 1, 5, 4, 2
15. Who among the following has the power to promulgate the Ordinance in a State ?
a. Chief Minister
c. Advocate General
d. Auditor General
16. Find the odd number/letter from the given alternatives
17. ASSERTION (A): The British established and developed Indian Railways.
REASON (R): The British were keenly interested in India’s economic development.
a. Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A.
b. A is true but R is false.
c. Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
d. A is false but R is true.
18. Law of contract deals with:
b. Enforcement of obligations arising from agreement
c. Laws of transfer
d. Laws of ownership
19. Which of the following is/are "Mission" of ICSI?
a. To develop high calibre professionals facilitating good Corporate Governance
b. Creating Brand ICSI
c. All of the above
d. To develop globalisation of professions of Company Secretaries
20. At what time between 7 o'clock and 8 o'clock, will the hands of a clock be together?
a. 38(2/11) minutes past 7 o’ clock
b. 32(1/11) minutes before 8 o’ clock
c. 35(7/11) minutes past 8 o’ clock
d. 33(5/12) minutes past 7 o’ clock
21. In the following question, choose the correct code form. If ANY = 40, MANY = 53 then MANIAC =?
22. Choose the word which is not similar to the other words in the group.
23. Amit Khanna, born on 5th June, 1973 has done his post-graduation in Marketing Management with first class. He has secured 50 % marks in the written Test. He has been working in an organisation as a Marketing Officer for the last four years. Which of the following is the inference can be drawn for the eligibility criteria of his Job:
a. Be a graduate with at least 50 % marks.
b. Have secured at least 40 % marks in the written test.
c. Not be less than 24 years and more than 29 years as on 10th October, 1997.
d. Should have work experience of at least two years as an officer.
24. Which of the following interests is not protected by the law of tort?
a. Physical safety
b. Loss of commercial profit due to competition
d. Peaceful enjoyment of one's land
25. An accurate clock shows 10 o'clock in the morning. Through how many degrees will the hour hand rotate when the clock shows 6 o'clock in the evening?
26. A Contract of Guarantee may be:
b. Oral or Written
d. None of these
27. How many members the President of India can nominate to the Lower House of Parliament?
28. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence
1. Police 2. Punishment 3. Crime 4. Judge 5. Judgement a. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
b. 1, 2, 4, 3, 5
c. 3, 1, 2, 4, 5
d. 3, 1, 4, 5, 2
29. Statement: Some Kings are Queens. All the Queens are Beautiful. Conclusion:
I. All the kings are beautiful
II. All the Queens are Kings
a. Neither I nor II follows
b. Only II follows
c. Either I or II follows
d. Only I follows
30. Pointing to a photo, Rajesh said that "His father is the only son of my mother". The photo belongs to:
a. Rajesh’s Father
b. Rajesh’s Son
d. Rajesh’s Brother
31. What will come in place of Question Mark? 3, 2, 7, 6, 11, ?
32. Domestic arrangements between husband and wife is not a contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872 because:
a. Consideration is absent
b. There is no consensus ad idem
c. They are specifically excluded from the Indian Contract Act, 1872
d. There is no intention to create legal relationship
33. Statement: Some papers are pens. All the pencils are pens. Conclusion:
I. Some pens are pearls.
II. Some pens are papers
a. Only I conclusion follows.
b. Neither I nor II follows
c. Only II conclusion follows.
d. Either I or II follows
34. In law of torts, the meaning of unliquidated damage is:
c. Approximately Arrived at
35. Aman is son of Chitra while Chitra and Neetu are sisters to one another. Manisha is the mother of Neetu. If Pankaj is the son of Manisha, Which one of the following statements is correct?
a. Pankaj is the maternal uncle of Aman
b. Pankaj is the cousin of Aman
c. Manisha is the sister of Chitra
d. Neetu is the grandmother of Aman
Q.No. Ans. Q.No. Ans. Q.No. Ans
6 a 26 b
7 d 27 a
8 d 28 d
9 c 29 a
10 c 30 b
11 b 31 c
12 c 32 d
13 b 33 c
14 a 34 c
15 b 35 a
1 c 21 c
2 d 22 b
3 d 23 a