1) In an election the votes between the winner and loser candidate are in the ratio 5:1. If total number of eligible voters are 1000, out of which 12% did not cast their vote and among the remaining vote 10% declared invalid. What is the number of votes the winner candidate get?
2) 1000 sweets need to be distributed equally among the school students in such a way that each student gets sweet equal to 10% of total students. Then the number of sweets, each student gets.
3) The income of a person is 10000 and its expenditure is 6000 and thus saves 4000rs. In the next year his income is increased by 10% and its expenditure increased by 20%. Now his saving is what percent lower than the previous saving.
4) 0% of the students like Sceince, 50% like Hindi and 10% like both Science and Hindi. What % of the students like neither Hindi nor Science?
5) If the price of barley is reduced by 2%. How many kilograms of barley a person can buy with the same money which was earlier sufficient to buy 49 kg of barley?
A. 58 kg
B. 60 kg
C. 52 kg
D. 50 kg
6) Monthly salary of A is 30% more than B’s monthly salary and B’s monthly salary is 20% less than C’s. If the difference between the monthly salaries of A and C is Rs 800, then find the annual salary of B.
A. Rs 14,500
B. Rs 16,800
C. Rs 15,000
D. None of these
7) 3 years ago the population of a town was 1,60,000. In the three respective years the
population increased by 3%, 2.5% and 5% respectively. What is the population of town after 3 years?
8) There are 2500 students who appeared for an examination. Out of these, 35% students failed in 1 subject and 42% in other subject and 15% of students failed in both the subjects. How many of the students passed in either of the 2 subjects but not in both?
9) A bucket is filled with water such that the weight of bucket alone is 25% its weight when it is filled with water. Now some of the water is removed from the bucket and now the weight of bucket along with remaining water is 50% of the original total weight. What part of the water was removed from the bucket?
Q10) There are 5000 students in a school. The next year it was found that the number of boys and girls increased by 10% and 15% respectively making the total number of students in school as 5600. Find the number of girls originally in the school?
D. Cannot be determined
11) A solution contains 10% of sugar by weight. On evaporation 15 litre of water evaporates and now concentration of sugar becomes 20 percent. Find the initial quantity of solution
A. 20 ltr
B. 30 ltr
C. 40 ltr
D. 50 ltr
12) The number of seats in a cinema hall is decreased by 12 percent and the price of tickets also decreased by 4 percent. Find the change in the collection of revenue.
A. decrease 15.52%
B. decrease 16.52%
C. decrease 17.52%
D. decrease 14.325%
13) The population of a town is 15000. It increases by 10 percent in the first year and 20 percent in the second year. But in the third year it decreases by 10 percent. What will be the population after 3 years.
14) Ramesh buys good worth Rs. 6650. He gets a rebate of 6% on it. After getting the rebate, he pays sales tax @ 10%. Find the amount he will have to pay for the goods.
A. Rs. 6876.10
B. Rs. 6999.20
C. Rs. 6654
D. Rs. 7000
15) Two tailors X and Y are paid a total of Rs. 550 per week by their employer. If X is paid 120 percent of the sum paid to Y, how much is Y paid per week?
A. Rs. 200
B. Rs. 250
C. Rs. 300
D. None of these
16) In an election contested by two parties A and B, party A secured 25 percent of the total votes more than Party B. If party B gets 15000 votes. By how much votes does party B loses the election?
17) 40% of the women are above 30 years of age and 80 percent of the women are less than or equal to 50 years of age. 20 percent of all women play basketball. If 30 percent of the women above the age of 50 plays basketball, what percent of players are less than or equal to 50 years?
18) 60 percent of the employees of a company are women and 75% of the women earn 20000 or more in a month. Total number of employees who earns more than 20000 per month in the company is 60 percent of the total employees. What fraction of men earns less than 20000 per month?
19) A got 30% of the maximum marks in an examination and failed by 10 marks. However, B who took the same examination got 40% of the total marks and got 15 marks more than the passing marks. What were the passing marks in the examination?
D. None of these
20) A reduction of 20% percent in the price of rice enables a housewife to buy 5 kg more for rupees 1200. The reduced price per kg of rice
21) 12 percent of the voters in an election did not cast their votes. In this election there are only two candidates. The winner by obtaining 45% of the total votes and defeated his rival by 2000 votes. The total number of votes in the election