THE INSTITUTE OF COMPANY SECRETARIES OF INDIA (ICSI)
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is the only recognized professional body in India to develop and regulate the profession of Company Secretaries in India. It is a premier national professional body set up under an act of Parliament, the Company Secretaries Act, 1980. ICSI functions under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. The Institute provides top-quality education to the students of Company Secretaries (CS) Course and best quality set standards to CS Members. At present, there are more than 70,000 members and around 2.5 Lakhs students on the roll of ICSI.
ICSI has its headquarters at New Delhi, four Regional Offices at New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai
and 72 Chapters across India.
Presently, CS Manish Gupta is the President and CS B Narasimhan is the Vice President, of the ICSI.
– Speak the Truth, Abide by the Law
To be a global leader in promoting Good Corporate Governance
To develop high calibre professionals facilitating good Corporate Governance
ICSI in News
• Corporate Tax Conference, 2023
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India organised its first Corporate Tax Conference in Dubai, UAE on 3 June 2023 on the theme UAE Corporate Tax – A New Paradigm Towards Transparency and Good Governance.
Seasoned Speakers from both India and UAE, deliberated on the three theme-based panel discussions that explored processes, aligning the corporate culture with the provisions of the new tax laws:
• Kickstarting a Transformative Approach
• Aligning the Corporate Culture with the new Tax Laws
• Role of Governance Professionals
• 2nd International Conference of ICSI Overseas Centre in London, UK
The Right Honourable Baroness (Dr) Sandip Verma, Member of the House of Lords, United Kingdom, graced the occasion as the Chief Guest and Mr Sujit Ghosh, Deputy High Commissioner of India, United Kingdom was the Guest of Honour.
The two-day event unfolded stimulating discussions related to the theme of the conference, through the following Panel Discussions and Special Sessions:
• The Intersection of Competition Law, Corporate Governance, Sustainability and Inclusiveness
• Building Effective Boards for Sustainable Governance
• Ease of Doing Business in India – From Challenges to Opportunities
• Steering Good Governance in Capital & Financial Markets
• Ethical Leadership Beyond Compliance
• Integrating the ESG Theory into Action
• Fostering the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Imperative
• Creating the Digital Governance Roadmap
• Decoding the Greenwashing and Greenblushing Buzz
• Crash Course on ESG
ESG stands for Environmental Social and Governance.
In order to equip the members of ICSI with requisite knowledge and skills to deal with matters related to ESG Compliances and other related legal aspects, ICSI launched the third batch of Online Crash Course on ESG Analysis.
• ICSI lauds Union Budget 2023
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) appreciates the first Budget of Amrit Kaal, UnionBudget 2023, presented by Hon’ble Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman on February 1, 2023.
The seven vital dimensions or the SAPTARISHI highlighted in the Budget; Inclusive Development, Reaching the Last Mile, Infrastructure and Investment, Unleashing the Potential, Green Growth, Youth Power, and Financial Sector; are all aimed at creating a technology-driven robust economy.
If the Indirect tax proposals engender exports, stimulate domestic manufacturing, increase domestic value addition, and encourage green energy and mobility, the increased income tax rebate and simplified tax regime are set to benefit the Startups, MSMEs, Large Corporates as well as the salaried middleclass.