1. Homophones are words that sound different but have same meanings.
Homophones are words that sound the same but have different meanings and spellings.
2. Which of these means to omit?
3.______ is the most important city of a country.
4. Which of these is an adjective?
Coarse is an adjective meaning unrefined or harsh in texture.
5. _____ refers to the second-mentioned thing of two things.
6. Affect – prented, Influence
Effect - Result
7. Allusion- Indirect, reference
Illusion - deceptive, Appearance
8. Altar- A place for offereing in a temple or church
Alter – Change
9. Apposite - Suitable, proper
Opposite - Contrary, quite, different.
10. Avocation- secondary, occupation,
Vocation – regular profession
11. Bare – uncovered (kahali)
Bear – tolerate – (sahana)
12. Birth - coming into life.
Berth – a seat in a cabin or carriage
13. Bridal – Relating to marriage
Bridle – Rein
14. Board - A piece of Wood
Bored – Felt tired or dull
15. Border - Edge
Boarder – One who lives with some body
16. Convas – Rough Cloth of hemp or flax
Convass – solicit vote or some favour
17. Casual - Accidental, occasional
Causal – having the relation between cause and effect.
18. Check- Restrain, prevent , test
Cheque- A written order to bank for money.
19. Cession- surrender of something or transfer of a territory
Session- A term of period cessation – Stopping
20. Coarse - rough
Course- line of action