1. Which institution is to set up the ‘Corporate Debt Market Development Fund’?
ANSWER: B [SEBI]
SEBI decided to set up a corporate debt market development fund in the form of an Alternative Investment Fund.
Corporate Debt Market Development Fund will be set up with an initial corpus of Rs 3,000 crore. It will function as a backstop facility for buying investment grade corporate debt securities during stressful times.
2. World Bank approved 100 million USD loan for implementation of State Capability and Resilient Growth Program of which Indian state?
ANSWER: D [Odisha]
3. Sea Lamprey, which was seen in the news, belongs to which species?
ANSWER: B [Fish]
4. Which state/UT repealed the ‘Loktantra Prahari Samman Act’?
[A] Himachal Pradesh
[C] Madhya Pradesh
ANSWER: A [Himachal Pradesh]
The Act provides a monthly pension of Rs 20,000 and Rs 12,000 to the people who lodged in jails during the Emergency from 1975 to 1977. The repeal of the Act shall not affect the previous operations of the said Act.
5. Which country has become the 31st member of the NATO security alliance?
ANSWER: C [Finland]
6. Which country has banned English and other foreign languages in official communication?
ANSWER: D [Italy]
7. Which institution released the ‘Stacking up the Benefits Lessons from India’s Digital Journey’ Report?
[A] World Bank
[C] World Economic Forum
[D] NITI Aayog
ANSWER: B [IMF]
8. Which state/UT recently received the GI tag for its famous Wood carving?
ANSWER: D [Ladakh]
9. ‘Hay Fever’ is associated with which country?
ANSWER: D [Japan]
10. Which institution launched the ‘cVigil App’?
[A] Election commission of India
[C] lions Club
[D] Election Commisison of India
ANSWER: A [Election Commission of India]
cVigil App was launched by the Election Commission of India to fast track complaints regarding the Model Code of Conduct violations.
11. ‘Rayyanah Barnawi’ is set to become the first woman astronaut from which country?
[B] Saudi Arabia
ANSWER: B [Saudi Arabia]
12. Which state/UT introduced the ‘Vacant land tax’ for assets registration?
[A] Madhya Pradesh
ANSWER: D [Maharashtra]
13. Incident and Trafficking Database (ITDB) is the information database of which international organisation?
[A] World Bank
[B] Bank for International Settlement
[C] International Atomic Energy Agency
[D] Central Bureau of Indirect Taxes and Excise
ANSWER: C [International Atomic Energy Agency]
14. Which country manufactures the ‘Spike Anti-Tank Missiles’?
ANSWER: D [Israel]
15. Good Friday Agreement signed in 1998 was aimed to end violence in which country?
[C] Northern Ireland
ANSWER: C [Northern Ireland]
16. ‘Arcturus’, which was seen in the news, is associated with which disease?
ANSWER: A [COVID]
17. ‘Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE) 2023’ was organised by which Union Ministry?
[A] Ministry of MSME
[B] Ministry of Commerce and Industry
[C] Ministry of Science and Technology
[D] Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
ANSWER: C [Ministry of Science and Technology]
18. Which country has confirmed financial support of USD 1 billion to Pakistan?
ANSWER: D [UAE]